The city of Santa Barbara has announced that public counters are now closed, according to a news release.
According to the release, “city department offices are staffed and ready to handle requests, review plans and applications, and process payments.”
The city indicated that many services and instructions are available online, including paying a bill, finding phone numbers for staff or submitting requests, forms, applications, questions and comments via email.
The following services have been modified to limit in-person interaction and practice social distancing, per the news release:
• Finance: Utility bills can be paid online, over the phone, by mail or drop box outside City Hall near De La Guerra Plaza. All other bills, including Business License, Business Improvement District (BID), Parking and Business Improvement Area (PBIA), Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT), Cannabis Tax, Parking Citation can be paid by mail or the City Hall dropbox. Enclose the billing or application with payment.
• Planning and Zoning, Building and Safety, Public Works, and Records Counter at 630 Garden Street: Staff is currently processing all plans and permits, in accordance with regular timelines. A new drop-off area will be created at the front entrance to the building. Drop plans with appropriate forms and applications and a staff person will contact you electronically to confirm receipt. For up-to-date information with drop-off and payment instructions, please go to the Public Counter Notices Webpage.
Consultation by telephone or email is available during regular business hours. If you have questions, call or email:
• Planning and Zoning Counter at 805-564-5578 PlanningCounter@SantaBarbaraCA.gov
• Building and Safety Counter at 805-897-5485, CDBuildingCode@SantaBarbaraCA.gov
• Public Works and Real Property Counter at 805-564-5388, PWCounter@SantaBarbaraCA.gov
• Rental Housing Mediation: Staff can provide consultations and mediations in English or Spanish by phone at 805-564-5420. Tenant/landlord rights and responsibilities can be provided by phone and email.
• Library: Libraries are currently closed but services and resources can be reached online.
• Borrow books, audiobooks, movies, comics, films, magazines, and online courses electronically at SBPLibrary.org/eLibrary
• Delay requested physical materials, for pick-up or check-out, by reviewing your OverDrive account for holds on eBooks and Audiobooks. Call 805-962-7653 to delay materials or order unique items for home delivery with the Zip Books program.
• Sign-up for a temporary library card online to get started using library resources and services at: SBPLibrary.org/LibraryCard
• Access youra account and review your accounts details by either visiting SBPLibrary.org/Catalog or by downloading the Library’s mobile app “Black Gold” in any app store.
• If you have questions about a particular event or about checked out items, please call the Santa Barbara Public Library at 805-962-7653 or send a text message to 805-764-4542 (805-764-4LIB). Chat with staff at the Library’s digital chat reference services, available during open hours and answered in real-time: SBPLibrary.org/LibraryChat
• Police: The Police Department public lobby at 215 E. Figueroa Street is currently closed to the public. Public safety professionals are providing 24/7 service throughout the City. While the lobby might be closed in an abundance of caution, our professional staff is working for you. For real emergencies, dial 911. To file a police report or request a copy, use the Citizens Online Reporting Tool. To arrange for Property Release, call 805-897-2375 to make an appointment. For all other requests, please call 805-897-2355.
• Fire: Email sbfdsbca@SantaBarbaraCA.gov or call 805-965-5254 for all questions related to fire prevention, wildland fire prevention, and plan submittals.
• City Clerk: City Council and Advisory Group agendas are available online and outside City Hall. Meeting videos and minutes are also available on the City’s website. For questions related to the Council agenda or public records requests, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Human Resources: The Human Resources counter will be closed and appointments will be scheduled as needed. For questions, call 805-564-5316.
• Downtown Parking: Monthly and Commuter Permit account payments may be mailed to 735 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101. Please include your account number with your payment. Other transactions requiring payment can be mailed to the Downtown Parking Office at 1221 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101. All other submittals and inquiries can be directed to ParkingPermits@SantaBarbaraCA.gov.
• Waterfront/Harbor: Call the Waterfront Office at 805-564-5531 for questions and information. Email email@example.com to submit fish tickets and most slip management forms, including temporary cancellation, e-billing, live-aboard permits, vacation live-aboard permits, and mailing address change requests. Slip renters can sign up for autopay.