The Santa Barbara Foresters hold a 4.5-game lead in the California Collegiate League, so it isn’t surprising that they lead the league with 10 participants in the Prospect Game.
The game is slated for 7 p.m. on Wednesday at the MLB Youth Academy in Compton, with the “Nationals” team being managed by Foresters skipper Bill Pintard.
Here is a look at the Foresters that will make the trip down South:
• Hunter Breault, RP: Has two saves in seven appearances, striking out 14 over nine innings. Sports a 0.00 ERA.
• Ryan Bergert, RP: Has three saves, with 21 strikeouts in 12.2 innings pitched. Has a 0.71 ERA, which includes two starts.
• Elijah Trest, RP: Fairly new to the squad, Trest has six strikeouts over five innings.
• Cole Quintanilla, SP: The big right-hander is 1-0 with 12 strikeouts in 11 innings pitched.
• Zach Presno, C: The Fresno State product is heating up, having hit two home runs over his last two starts. He has three homers, five doubles and a triple on the summer, with a team-high 16 RBIs.
• Connor Pavolony, C: The Tennessee catcher has earned the praise of the pitching staff and is hitting .239 on the summer.
• Nick Bellafronto, 3B: The Stanford product is also heating up, raising his average to .280 with a homer, two doubles and six RBIs.
• Quentin Selma, 1B: Summer was interrupted by an invite to the College World Series Home Run Derby (he hit eight in the first round), but did collect his first extra-base hit of the summer on Saturday.
• Christian Franklin, OF: The Arkansas product hit a home run in his first plate appearance for the Foresters and hasn’t looked back since, hitting .325 with two homers and two triples.
• Eric Kennedy, OF: The Foresters leadoff man from Texas is hitting .402 on the summer, with two home runs, five doubles, 11 RBIs and 19 stolen bases.
The game will be televised on FOX Sports, with gates opening at 3:30 p.m.